Last modified: July 20, 2023
- The types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you download, install, access, or use the FROLIT Application (the “App“).
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This Policy applies only to information we collect in this App and in email, text, and other electronic communications sent through or in connection with this App.
This Policy DOES NOT apply to information that:
- We collect offline or on any other Company apps or websites, including websites you may access through this App.
- You provide to or is collected by any third party (see Third-Party Information Collection).
Our websites and apps, and these other third parties may have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing information on or through them.
The App is not intended for children ages 16 years and younger (each a “Child” and collectively, “Children”). We do not knowingly collect personal information from Children. If we learn we have collected, or that we have received personal information from a Child without verification of parental consent, we will immediately delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a Child, please contact us at “email@example.com”.
California residents that meet the above definition of Children may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect information from and about users of our App:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically when you use the App.
When you download, register with, or use this App, we may ask you provide information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“Personal Information“).
- Regarding at least one credit, or debit card (the “Payment Information”) (Company’s policies for collecting, processing and storing Payment Information is provided below).
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as bar, restaurant, and food and beverage preferences.
This information includes:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms in the App. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the App, subscribing to our service, posting material, and requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with the App.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the App and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through the App.
- Your search queries on the App.
You may also provide information for publication or display (“Posted“) on public areas of websites you access through the App (collectively, “User Contributions“). Your User Contributions are Posted and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of third parties with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and we do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
When you download, access, and use the App, it may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details. When you access and use the App, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the App, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the App.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device’s telephone number.
- Stored Information and Files. The App also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts, and address book information.
- Location Information. This App collects real-time information about the location of your device. You can choose whether or not to allow the App to collect and use real-time information about your device’s location through your device’s privacy settings. If you block the use of location information, some parts of the App may then be inaccessible or not function properly.
If you do not want us to collect this information, do not download the App or delete it from your device. For more information, send an email to “firstname.lastname@example.org”. Note, however, that opting out of the App’s collection of location information will cause its location-based features to be disabled.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your activities over time and across third-party websites, apps, or other online services (“Behavioral Tracking”). Send an email to “email@example.com” for information on how you can opt out of Behavioral Tracking on or through this app and how we respond to browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about Behavioral Tracking.
The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of the App and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related app statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain app content and verifying system and server integrity).
When you use the App or its content, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include:
- Advertisers, ad networks, and ad servers.
- Analytics companies.
- Your mobile device manufacturer.
- Your mobile service provider.
- Social media providers.
For your convenience, you may be able to access your user account by connecting it to separate accounts that you create through a third-party, such as a social media account (the “Social Media Account”). By linking your FROLIT user account to a Social Media Account, you have authorized FROLIT to collect, store, and use certain information that your Social Media Account provider may make available to FROLIT about you. FROLIT is not responsible, in any manner, for any information that you choose to provide to the general public through the App, or certain activities that you participate in through the App, such as reviews, tips, photos, videos, check-ins, comments, likes, or other information for public consumption.
In addition, these third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use this App. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites, apps, and other online services websites. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based advertising or other targeted content.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
- provide you with the App and its contents, and any other information, products or services that you request from us
- fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it
- give you notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices
- carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection
- notify you when App updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide though it
The usage information we collect helps us to improve our App and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our App according to your individual interests
- speed up your searches
- recognize you when you use the App
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data. For more information, see Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information.
We may use the information we collect to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Use of Payment Information
We utilize the services of independent, third-party payment processors in order to provide services through the App and process your payments due to third-party individuals and third-party establishments, such as bars and restaurants. Such third-party processors are responsible for securely storing and processing your Payment Information that you provide via the App. Company does not retain your Payment Information and does not have direct control over the storage or processing of your payment information. By submitting your Payment Information, you consent to the sharing of such information with our third-party payment processors and acknowledge that such third-parties may store your credit, or debit card information in connection with your use of the App. For information about the security of your credit, or debit card account information, see the Data Security section below.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual or device, without restriction.
In addition, we may disclose Personal Information that we collect, or that you provide:
- to our subsidiaries and affiliates
- to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by the Company about our App users is among the assets transferred
- to third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. For more information
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information
- with your consent
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request
- to enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including the App EULA and for billing and collection
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. This section describes mechanisms we provide for you to opt-out from certain uses and disclosures of your information.
- Promotion by the Company. If you do not want us to use your email address to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out. You can also always opt-out by logging into the App and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to “firstname.lastname@example.org”.
- Targeted Advertising by the Company. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out. You can also always adjust your user advertising preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to “email@example.com”.
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising and Marketing. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for advertising and marketing purposes, you can opt-out . You can also always opt-out by logging into the App and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to “firstname.lastname@example.org”.
We do not control third-parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI“) on the NAI’s website.
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the App and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at “email@example.com” to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not be able to delete your personal information without also deleting your entire user account. We may refuse to accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit https://www.caprivacy.org/.
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our App that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to “firstname.lastname@example.org”.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. We use standard, industry-accepted, commercially reasonable security practices such as encryption, firewalls and SSL (Secure Socket Layers) for protecting your user information, including a certain portion of your credit card number which we retain. Nevertheless, any information you transmit to Company or via the App is done at your own risk. Company assumes no liability or responsibility for disclosure of user information or Payment Information due to errors in transmission, unauthorized third-party access, or other causes beyond our control.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through our App. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
We may update the Policy from time to time. If we make material changes to how we treat our users’ Personal Information, we will post the new Policy on this page with a notice that the Policy has been updated.
The date the Policy was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date active and deliverable email address and phone number for you and for periodically visiting this Policy to check for any changes.
To ask questions or comment about this Policy and our privacy practices, contact us at: “email@example.com”